What is an academy?
A Career Academy provides an opportunity for a group of students to enroll in a specific set of courses associated with a designated career area. Each Career Academy has the following components:
- A recommended sequence of courses.
- A capstone project, a work site experience, a research project studying careers in the academy area, or some other experience in which students learn more about the career cluster with which the academy is affiliated.
- A demonstrated need for employees within the Career Cluster.
- An advisory board consisting of business leaders in the Career Cluster.
- Adherence to specific rules established by the school system.