What is an academy?
A Career Academy provides an opportunity for a group of students to enroll in a specific set of courses associated with a designated career area. Each Career Academy has the following components:
- A recommended sequence of courses.
- A capstone project, a work site experience, a research project studying careers in the academy area, or some other experience in which students learn more about the career cluster with which the academy is affiliated.
- A demonstrated need for employees within the Career Cluster.
- An advisory board consisting of business leaders in the Career Cluster.
- Adherence to specific rules established by the school system.
Program of Choice applications for the 2019-2020 school year will be accepted between 8:00 a.m. January 24, 2019, and 5:00 p.m. February 19, 2019.
Why should you join a Career Academy?
The most important reason to join is students become part of a group who share their interests and desire to learn about a specific career field. Students will be taught by teachers with expertise in the career field and excitement to engage learning.
Programs of Choice
Other Programs of Choice include:
- IB & AICE
- The St. Johns County Center for the Arts at St. Augustine High School
- Johns County Center for the Arts at Murray Middle School